Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Alan's Birthday

Alan turned 25 on Tuesday!!! Somehow he talked me into letting him open his presents the night before...well it didn't take much. I love giving people presents, so it was a treat for me to let him. Just so ya know that isn't a super flat cake, it's a birthday brownie, and yes I did put 25 dots on it ;)
On his birthday we headed off to Warwick Castle it was pretty sweet. On a side note we have heard rumors that the grocery store Morrisons carry Kraft Mac N Cheese, but it is only a select few that have in stock. It just so happens that there isn't a Morrisons in all of Oxfordshire, but knowing Alan's love of mac n cheese I did find out that there was one en route to the castle. Unfortunately it wasn't one of the privileged branches that had it, so we kicked the dust from our metaphorical sandals and are still on the hunt.
Alan always gets picked to do fun things. When we were just arriving to the castle he was approached by an employee that explained that they use volunteers to power their massive Trebuchet and of course he was asked to be said volunteer. Then as an after thought while Alan was filling out the disclaimer he said "oh you could do it too". Hmmm get in a giant mouse wheel and run to power your Trebuchet in front of lots if people? Normally that would be a big no, but I knew that Alan would really like to do it together. It's a good thing I love him so much. You will however not be seeing pictures of me in that thing. :)
But here he is in the wheel. It really wasn't hard at all and now it's fun to say we have done it.

I might get put in the stocks for putting his picture up though ;)
If your ever in England...firstly come visit, but secondly I would totally recommend this Castle. We had a lot of fun and it was a great day.

No comments: